- JDK (Java Development Kit)
- Android SDK
- PC suite of the corresponding mobile (In this tutorial I am using Kies for Samsung)
Lets Get Started :
1. Now that you have completed installing JDK and the Android SDK. Now navigate to the path where you have installed the Android SDK and open up the SDK manager. Wait for a few seconds till it completes loading all the available packages. 2. Now that you need to install the Android SDK platform tools which can be found under the Tools folder. Just check the box which says Android SDK Platform Tools and continue clicking Install Package.
3. It will get installed in a few seconds. After the installation of those packages continue with the steps below.
4. Now in your mobile Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box which says USB Debugging.
5. Now you need to connect your mobile via Kies.
6. Now open up command prompt. And navigate to the platform-tools folder which can be found inside the Android SDK folder. In this case I have installed the Android SDK in the D directory and so I typed in the following commands one by one to reach the platform-tools directory.
7. Now to make sure that in the future all your applications get installed to your memory card instead of the internal memory you need to type in the following command in the command prompt.
adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2
Wait for a few seconds. Now unplug your device. Restart it. And from now on your applications will get installed only in your memory card and not in your internal memory. You can uninstall the apps which are currently present in your Internal memory and re-install them so that they get stored in your memory card.
Hope this tutorial helped a lot in saving the precious internal memory. Happy Androiding :)